This is an easy idea with fun results! My kids thought it was great to have cupcakes for dinner and you can play with them and cater to your families preference. This is a new kick to a classic dinner! If you want a meatloaf recipe, I have one, but any will do.
Cheddar Meatloaf
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 t salt
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t mustard
In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Place in muffin tins. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over meat.
Bake, uncovered at 350' for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and top with mashed potatoes (as though it's icing). Then you can top with chives, cheese, bacon bits, whatever suites your fancy! If you top with cheese, place back in the oven long enough to melt the cheese.
4 comments:
I've done this before but I don't have a good meatloaf recipe so the cupcakes always turn out dry. Can you post your meatloaf recipe?
What a fun idea. My kids LOVE meatloaf and they would love them cooked up this way, but of course we would have to have real cupcakes for dessert.
Lex,
By the way...I went in and added your labels. Right underneath the space where you type your post is a label space and you should type your name, and whatever your recipe is. I put Alexis and beef. Then those labels appeared on the side bar of the blog under the recipe index. Does that makes sense?
we made these tonight. The kids thought it was great to be eating 'cupcakes' for dinner. Unfortunately we were rushed tonight so no real cupcakes followed. But it was fun. Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment