Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sugar Cookies

Okay well I am going to try and set the recipes straight. My mom's sugar cookie recipe that is in the white family cookbook is a doubled recipe. It is correct except for the flour. The amount should be 4 2/3 cup flour. And this is not a roll out sugar cookie recipe. If you need the whole recipe let me know:) Here is a great roll out sugar cookie recipe...it's Nancy Grubers and they work everytime and are delicious!

1 1/2 cup shortening (you can use half butter half shortening)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 t vanilla
4 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups flour

Roll 1/4 inch thick and cut out in desired shape. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
*I always put the dough in the fridge for an hour or so, the recipe doesn't call for it but I think it helps keep it from sticking if it's cold.

No comments: