Okay so this is kind of like Sheri's enchilada dish. I found this recipe and we fell in love with it! I love enchiladas with corn tortillas but they are such a pain! This has a twist with the topping, and is an awesome twist on enchiladas!!
1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup salsa
4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced green onions
2 T taco seasoning mix
8 corn tortillas, cut in half
2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups tortilla chips
1 large tomato, chopped
2 T sliced olives
Fresh cilantro if desired
Heat oven to 375'. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa; reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture. In a large bowl, mix remaining enchilada mixture, chicken, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the green onions and the taco seasoning mix.
Spoon reserved 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of baking dish. Arrange 8 tortilla pieces over sauce, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of the chicken mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat Layers. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 -35 minutes. Remove from oven and layer tortilla chips, tomato, olives, remaining 1/4 cup green onions, and remaining 2/3 cup cheese over top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh and I forgot...I've used regular cheddar cheese and it works just fine. Also, Kris doesn't like cilantro so I don't use it:) I know, he's crazy!!
Post a Comment